KiwiGrip is a revolutionary, durable, non-skid coating that spreads quickly and easily with our proprietary roller (sold separately - KiwiGrip Roller), offering a beautiful, high traction surface. By varying the application technique, the texture can be adjusted from a rolled "pleasure boat" texture to an industrial aggressive "work boat" texture. As a homogeneous material KiwiGrip doesn't suffer from the problems encountered with products filled with sand, walnut shells, beads, rubber fleck, or other fillers. Coatings with fillers tend to wear through, and the fillers fall out leaving an unsafe deck that's hard to clean and even harder to re-coat.
What's so special about KiwiGrip?
Unlike other marine anti-skid deck coatings, KiwiGrip was developed by a New Zealand yachtsman for yachtsmen. It’s not just another industrial product stumbling upon a marine application.
A 1 litre can of KiwiGrip will cover about 20 square feet. A 4 litre can will cover about 80 square feet.
KiwiGrip is . . .
- Available in White, Cream, Grey, Blue and Black.
- A very hard acrylic polymer providing a durable, homogeneous, elastic anti-skid surface
- Low-glare, IR reflective finish
- Homogeneous colour – won’t wear through and expose filler materials
- Dial in the perfect texture for your application with our special roller cover (sold separately)
- Apply over wood, fibreglass, epoxy, concrete, or metal (following proper primers)
- Rolls on nicely over other worn non-skid surfaces with only a scrub and scuff-up — no need to grind or sand smooth first
- Non-toxic, no volatile solvents or cleansers needed to prepare surface
- Cleans up with soap and water
Loaded with a UV stabiliser for consistent colour. Available in four standard colours. Note that the RAL codes are approximate.
- White - RAL 9016
- Cream - RAL 1015
- Blue - RAL 250 92 05
- Grey - RAL 7047
- Black - RAL 9011
See the below video for how to apply to your boat;